Saturday, June 7, 2014

Real Beauty: Why We Think Healthy Should Be The New Skinny Article

Why can't having a healthy body be enough? 

Katie Willcox asked that question after being both fat shamed and skinny shamed. The lowest point in the former plus size model's career in the fashion industry was when she decided to get healthy. Willcox went from a being a very successful full figure, size-14 model to an out-of-work model at size 8. "It was really hard to go from being a successful plus size model to only having a few clients, and I couldn't understand it because I looked better and I felt so much better -- but I was not valued at a healthy size," said Willcox. Although Willcox was regularly working, she felt overweight and did not feel healthy. "I decided to get my body to a place where I did feel comfortable and healthy," she explains. "It was a really difficult time because I have modeled professionally since I was 17 years old, and I worked hard to become a really good model -- and all of a sudden I was now dismissed, which made me feel sad, useless and not good enough."

Click here to read more on this article:

No comments:

God

  God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  The courage to  change the things I can, The wisdom to know the differen...