Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Retire for Real

Retire for Real

If you don't like the idea that most of the money spent on lottery tickets supports government programs, you should know that most of the earnings from mutual funds support investment advisors' and mutual fund managers' retirement.

You take all of the risk, you put in all of the capital, but most of the money goes to the fund manager and your investment advisor. Lottery funds go to worthy causes like schools and the arts, so which is better?

Of course, I would never advise a client to rely on the lottery for their retirement, but neither would I advise them to rely on mutual fund investments. For my dollar, the lottery is a lot more fun -- and at least you know it's a gamble.

If you really want to retire, look at other investments and work with someone who's willing to put in the time to help you retire soon and retire rich. Financial freedom is available to those who learn about it and work for it. It's unlikely for those who want to rely on such risky investment strategies as mutual funds.

(http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/richricher/30687)

I play the lotto sometimes but I didn't know that Lottery funds go to worthy causes like schools and the arts. Maybe I should play the lotto more?? Your feedback?

No comments:

God

  God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  The courage to  change the things I can, The wisdom to know the differen...