Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Playing the Mutual Fund Lottery article

An article by Robert Kiyosaki is posted 5/1/07 Yahoo Finance. Robert was talking with Tom Wheelwright, a CPA and business owner, about why people play the lottery. His comparison of the lottery to investing in mutual funds is worth sharing.

Even though he's not an investment advisor and never presents himself as one, clients continue to ask Tom what to do to prepare for retirement. "Should I max out my 401(k) contribution?" they ask. "Should I open an IRA? Or should I put more in my profit sharing or pension plan?"

According to Tom, and contrary to popular belief, none of these are wise investments. So here, in his own words, are his thoughts on the subject.

Here is the link for this article:

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/richricher/30687



No comments:

God

  God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  The courage to  change the things I can, The wisdom to know the differen...