Friday, August 5, 2011

Feeling stuck? (try this...) Another article by Dr Robert Anthony


Feeling stuck? (try this...)

If you feel stuck in any area of your life it could very well be
due to a lack of forgiveness. Perhaps you are having trouble
forgiving someone else or yourself. It doesn't matter. Holding on
to past memories or "stories" is guaranteed to tie up your energy
and block your ability to attract what you want.

I struggled with forgiveness for many years because I believed that
if I forgave someone they would not receive the "just punishment"
they deserved for what they had done to me. But as I looked at that
belief I realized it was just that, a belief. In fact, it was just
an assumption and an illusion.

What I learned is that the universe will always seek balance and it
will deal with that person or situation in the appropriate way,
even if it that means letting them off the hook. The outcome in
their life has nothing to do with the outcome in my life unless I
choose to keep myself tied to it.

If you think about it, when you choose to forgive someone, it is
nothing more than an ego trip. When you say "I forgive you",
what you are really saying is you have some sort of hold over them.
By saying "I forgive you", you decree that you are pronouncing
them "free" of your resentment. That isn't forgiveness. That's an
ego trip.

There is really nothing to forgive. What we call forgiveness is
simply letting go. It is not placing judgment on other people or
yourself. When you are truly conscious you realize that nothing
"bad" or "wrong" happened. You may judge it as "bad" or "wrong",
but from the view of ALL THAT IS what occurred is simply what
occurred. It's over. It's done. It's history.

Because we believe something "bad" happened, we still think of
ourselves as being victimized no matter how much we try to forgive.
So we are caught up between two conflicting energies. One is to
condemn and blame and the other is to forgive. This is why we
struggle with forgiveness.

However, when we are truly conscious we realize nothing "bad",
"negative" or "evil" happened at all. In fact, what happened didn't
happen TO you but FOR you. It happened to help you to awaken and
grow. It was part of your life lesson to bring you to where you are
right now and to allow you to let go of your "story" of
victimization.

So if you are stuck in any area of your life, take a look at your
unwillingness to forgive yourself or others and just let it go!
Realize there is nothing to forgive. You just have to release it
and move on.

Dr. Robert Anthony

No comments:

God

  God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  The courage to  change the things I can, The wisdom to know the differen...