Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The untold reason you don't have what you want... Article by Dr Robert Anthony

What do all of the following statements have in common? *Ever notice as soon as you get in the Express Line at the grocery store the line slows down? *When I was growing up my mother was very distant and since then I have had a hard time relating to women. *Just when I was getting ahead my ex-wife's lawyer came after me for the unpaid child support. *I'd like to have more money, but I have so many financial problems I will never get out of debt. *I enjoy personal growth, but my husband thinks all that stuff is nonsense and doesn't like me to participate in it. *I'd like to open a business of my own, but my wife thinks it is too risky, so I guess I had better stay at this secure and boring job I dislike going to every day. What all these statements have in common is the nature of the person making the statement. As diverse as all of these statements are and as diverse as the people who make them appear to be, each statement reflects the same type of individual - a person with low self-worth and a predisposition toward negative expectations. The biggest common denominator all these people share is that they are desperately holding onto being a victim. They live at the Victim Level of Awareness. They almost celebrate the fact that they are victimized. Their "stories" are always about their past and the latest problems and tragedies that have befallen them. Of course they are not really victims, but volunteers. They have made a choice - usually unconscious- to remain a victim. You can't be a victim and be a success in life. You can be one or the other, but not both at the same time. If you want to feel like a victim and that's what you affirm to the people around you, you will continue to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. You will repel love, defer happiness, attract illness or injuries and sabotage any financial or business success. The problem is you tell your story so well to everyone around you that you end up following your own script. The good news is REMAINING a victim is a choice. If the above describes you then ask yourself this question. "Is remaining a victim moving me TOWARDS or AWAY from what I want?" If it is moving you away, then you are paying a very high price to hold onto your victim hood. Now is the time to release it and move up to a higher Level of Awareness. Today will bring you a new awareness, a lesson or a manifestation that you are making progress - IF YOU LOOK FOR IT! No matter how large or small, please record it in your Evidence Journal. It will only take a few moments and will AUTOMATICALLY put you in the Flow. Truly Caring for Your Success! Dr. Robert Anthony

No comments:

God

  God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  The courage to  change the things I can, The wisdom to know the differen...