Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Should is a 6 letter word... an article by Dr Robert Anthony

The only time we suffer is when we believe a thought that argues
with "what is". When the mind is perfectly clear, "what is" is what
we accept in this moment.

In the words of Byron Katie, "If you want your reality to be different
than 'what is' then you might as well try to teach your cat to bark.
You can try and try and in the end the cat will look up at you and
say 'Meow'. Wanting your reality to be different than what it is in this
moment, is just as hopeless.  You can spend the rest of your life trying
to teach your cat to bark."


And yet if you pay attention, you'll notice that you think thoughts
like this all the time. Whenever the word 'should' shows up, that's
what is going on. As in "I should be thinner, my friend should be
less sensitive, my spouse should be more attentive." - You get the idea...

These thoughts are ways of wanting reality to be different than it
is. Here is my point - all the stress you feel in your life at this
moment is caused by arguing with "what is".

People say to me, "But if I simply accept reality then I will
become passive and nothing will change.  I answer them with this
question. Which of these statements makes more sense? "I wish I
hadn't lost all that money." or "What can I do now to create more income?"

Accepting "what is" doesn't mean you settle for the way things are, it
just means you give up all the resistance and inner struggle by wishing
it were different.

When undesirable things happen, it can be helpful not to let go and NOT
mentally argue with them. We know this, and the only reason we continue
doing it is because it is a HABITUAL PATTERN. As you know, you can
change your habitual patterns when you work WITH your subconscious mind.

Today will bring you a new awareness, a lesson or a manifestation
that you are making progress - IF YOU LOOK FOR IT!  No matter how
large or small, please record it in your Evidence Journal. It will
only take a few moments and will AUTOMATICALLY put you in the Flow.

Truly Caring for Your Success!

Dr. Robert Anthony

P.S. If you are struggling to lose weight, I have a different solution for you,
and it requires ZERO RESISTANCE for you to release the weight.
Find out more here

No comments:

God

  God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  The courage to  change the things I can, The wisdom to know the differen...