Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kim Kiyoski's Recent Blog Post


The Fear Tax

Are you paying a 'fear tax?'

I ran across this term in a blog post by Seth Godin. Seth defines a 'fear tax' as a circumstance in which we sacrifice significant time and/or money doing things that are supposedly protecting us from something we fear, when in fact they're not protecting us, just wasting our resources and even leading to more anxiety.

What stood out to me in Seth's blog was his reference to MBAs:
"A lot of entrepreneurs get an MBA because they are afraid to go out into the world without one. They are seeking the reassurance a credential will bring them, even though the cost is huge and there's no data to indicate that they'll be more successful as an entrepreneur as a result."

Read more on Kim's recent blog post here.......

No comments:

God

  God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  The courage to  change the things I can, The wisdom to know the differen...