Thursday, July 10, 2008

HI I AM BACK!!! ARTICLE FROM SALES DOGS BLAIR SINGER


7-10-2008

FR: Blair Singer
RE: Don't take 20 years to crush an objection

Humor me for a second and think back 5 or 10 years. I
actually have to stretch back about 20 years...

I'm in better shape now than I was 20 years ago. Back then
if you'd have hit me with an objection such as:

"I have to talk it over with __someone else__"

(note: if you haven't yet submitted your objections, you can
do so at http://www.salesdogs.com./e/objections.html)

Talk about flustered... that would be me - tongue-tied, eyes
wide, and that horrible sinking feeling in my stomach.. A
literal SalesPup ;)

Then up would pop the Little Voice, "See, you DON'T know
what you're doing and you DO look like an idiot. You're
never going to make any money!"

Ever feel like you're leaving a sales call with your tail
between your legs? Yeah, I know that feeling, too. Been
there, done that. However, things can change...

Here's what I now know about how to handle objections:

1. Acknowledge - let them now you're listening

"Great! That's probably a good idea."

2. Ask a question - dig for the real objection and maintain
control of the conversation

"What specifically about what we have talked about would you
want to discuss with them? (and why?)"

Now, some folks might say this technique is pretty simple -
and it is - (one paper) but those who reeeeaallly know how
to use it have received great results and evolved from
order-takers to sales pros.

I think I'll cover this more in-depth but...

Here's the thing, the difference between now and 20 years
ago is the fact that I've experienced and learned a heck of
alot about sales communication and how people think.

A now for the million dollar question: "What's the
difference between today and your success tomorrow?"

If you say "experience and education" then you're absolutely
right.

Over the next couple of emails I'll share with you some of
the strategy and tips on how to handle objections and you'll
learn a killer way to cut down on the "experience" learning
curve so you can quickly put all this in to play. Why take
20 years when you can take 20 minutes?

In the meantime, keep submitting your top objections:

http://www.salesdogs.com./e/objections.html

Be awesome,

Blair

P.S. One of the things that happens on the Mastery Club
open-line calls is we discuss the objections you run up
against and how to crush them like a pro. We do this Live
once a month. The next one is coming up.

Be sure to join us:

http://www.salesdogs.com/e/club.html

No comments:

God

  God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  The courage to  change the things I can, The wisdom to know the differen...